Recipe courtesy of Peter from Souvlaki For The Soul.
Prep Time: 5 mins. | Cook Time: 10 mins.
2 portabello mushroom with the stems trimmed
1 thick slice of haloumi cheese
micro herbs to garnish
wedge, chips or fries to serve
1. Place the two portabello mushroom caps in a non stick pan and drizzle a little olive oil over them.
2. Cook for two minutes on each side and then place the pan in a preheated 180 deg C oven and cook off the mushrooms for five minutes. Remove and set aside.
3. Heat another pan with a little olive oil and once it’s heated place your thick slice of haloumi on one side. Allow it to cook for 2-3 mins until it forms a nice brown crust, turn it over and repeat again.
4. Once it’s cooked remove from the pan and set aside.
5. Take one of the mushroom caps and place some chargrilled peppers on the base, then the haloumi, followed by some caramelised onions. Garnish with micro herbs and top with another mushroom cap. Serve with your favourite potatoes on the side.