Serve this very easy side dish with grilled chicken, fish, lamb or spinach vegetarian dishes or as part of an Asian cuisine menu.
Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time: 8 mins
Makes: 6 servings
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) soya sauce 25 mL
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) each oyster sauce and honey
- 1/4 – 1/2 tsp (1-2 mL) hot red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 lb. (750 g) fresh medium white and crimini mushrooms
- Garnish: Sliced green onions (optional)
- In a small bowl or measuring cup, combine the soya sauce, oyster sauce, honey and red pepper flakes; set aside.
- Heat a large wok or skillet over medium-high heat; add the sesame seeds and cook, stirring constantly, for 1-3 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to a plate and set aside.
- Add the oil to the wok and heat over medium-high heat until hot. Add the mushrooms and stir-fry for 1 –2 minutes or until starting to brown. Stir in soya sauce mixture and sesame seeds; stir-fry for 2-3 minutes or until mushrooms are well coated and just tender. Serve sprinkled with green onions if desired.
Sodium: 385 mg
Protein: 2.5 g
Fat: 5.6 g
Carbohydrates: 7.6 g
Dietary Fibre: 2.0 g
Recipe adapted from the Australian Mushroom Growers’ Association.