Quick and easy teriyaki chicken with mushrooms, chicken and bok choy is a perfect weeknight dinner. Serve with a side of rice. For fast and delicious meals throughout the week, stir fry options like this dish are your best friend!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
- 1/2 tsp (1 mL) each salt and pepper
- 1 tsp (5 mL) garlic powder
- 1/2 lb (8 oz) boneless, skinless, chicken breasts cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vegetable oil
- 2 large Portobella mushrooms, diced
- 2 cups (500 mL) baby bok choy, sliced
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) soy sauce
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) water
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) honey
- 2 tsp (10 mL) rice vinegar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ground ginger
- 2 tsp (10 mL) garlic powder
- 2 tsp (10 mL) cornstarch
- 1 tsp (5 mL) sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) fresh chives
- In a small bowl, mix together salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Season chicken with half of the seasoning mixture. In a medium sized bowl, toss together mushrooms, bok choy and the rest of the seasoning mixture. Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook chicken for 4 minutes, stirring often. Stir in mushrooms and bok choy and cook for 1 minute.
- In a small saucepan whisk together soy sauce, water, honey, rice vinegar, ground ginger, garlic powder, cornstarch, and sesame seeds until smooth. Bring sauce to a simmer over medium heat and cook for 1 minute or until sauce is thickened. Remove from heat.
- Add teriyaki sauce to chicken and vegetable mixture and remove from heat.
- Serve over rice and garnish with fresh chives.