Recipe courtesy of Amy of Family Feedbag.
Prep Time: 10 mins. | Cook Time: 20 mins. | Serves: 2-3
1 cup finely diced onion
4 garlic cloves, minced
2 tbsp garam masala
2 tsp freshly grated ginger root
1 tsp salt
2 tbsp olive oil
1 lb white mushrooms, halved
1 lb ground turkey thighs
½ cup plain yogurt
½ cup fresh basil leaves
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the onion, garlic, garam masala, ginger and salt. Toss to evenly distribute the seasonings and set aside.
- Create a foil grilling pan by layering two pieces of foil and folding up the edges twice. Toss the mushrooms with the olive oil in the foil pan. Sprinkle half the onion mixture evenly over the mushrooms.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the ground turkey with the other half of the onion mixture and roll into 2-inch balls. Spray the grill with non-stick cooking spray or brush with oil and heat to medium-high.
- Place the filled foil pan and meatballs directly on the grill. After 6-8 minutes, rotate the meatballs and give the mushrooms a stir. After another 6-8 minutes, remove the meatballs to a serving platter.
- Gently stir the yogurt and basil leaves into the mushrooms and continue grilling another 2-3 minutes until the yogurt begins to bubble.