As a Registered Dietitian, I’m always keen to know the health benefits that foods offer. Not only do mushrooms make speedy and nourishing meals, they also have medicinal properties.
Recipe Courtesy of Balanced with Allie
Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time: 25 mins
Tip: When making a Pad Thai you have to be fast. Prepare all ingredients ahead of time before cooking this recipe.
1. In a small bowl, mix water, oyster sauce, fish sauce, and sugar. Mix well.
2. Cook rice noodles as per package instructions and set aside.
3. Add oil to wok. On medium heat, fry garlic and tofu until golden brown in colour (about 1 minute).
4. Add sliced mushrooms and apple. Cook for about 2 minutes.
4. Add chicken and cook until the chicken is no longer pink in colour and then add beaten egg.
5. Add sauce mixture (from step 1). Stir well.
6. Add cooked noodles.
7. Finally add bean sprouts and green onions. Stir well.
Optional: Sprinkle the final dish with ground peanuts and juice from a lime.