Recipe and photo by Louisa of Living Lou
Prep Time: 10 mins. | Cook Time: 20 mins. | Serves: 4
450g ground turkey
6 rashers of bacon, cut in 1 inch pieces
3 cloves garlic, finely diced
¼ cup cream cheese
2 green onions, sliced
olive oil for brushing mushrooms
shredded mozzarella cheese for topping
2. In the same pan, cook and crumble turkey for 5 minutes, or until fully cooked. Add in garlic, sauté for another minute.
3. Turn heat down to low and return bacon to pan. Stir in cream cheese and allow it to melt. Finally, stir in the green onions.
4. Brush the Portabella mushrooms with a little olive oil.
5. Using an ice cream scoop, scoop the turkey mixture into the mushroom caps and sprinkle with Mozzarella cheese.
6. Heat the barbecue on low heat. Place mushroom caps on grill and cook for 2 minutes covered. Uncover and cook for another minute. Finally, cover again and cook for another 2 minutes.
7. If cheese hasn’t fully melted yet, move mushroom caps to the upper part of the grill and cook for another 2-4 minutes.
8. Serve with a toasted bun and your favourite toppings.