Lasagna noodles are spread with a ricotta and spinach mixture and a blend of ground beef and mushrooms, then rolled up tight and topped with your choice of sauce.
Recipe and photo courtesy of Mushroom Council.
Prep Time: 20 mins. | Cook Tike: 45 mins. | Makes: 12 lasagna rolls.
½ lb. mushrooms, finely chopped
½ lb. lean ground beef
1 small onion, chopped
1 pkg. (10 oz.) frozen chopped spinach, thawed, well drained
1½ cups ricotta cheese
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 tsp Italian seasoning
12 lasagna noodles, cooked per package instructions
2 cups spaghetti or marinara sauce
1 cup shredded mozzarella
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Place the mushrooms in a food processor fitted with a metal blade. Pulse until finely chopped.
3. In a large skillet, cook meat, mushrooms and onion.
4. In a bowl combine thawed spinach, ricotta cheese, egg and Italian seasoning. Mix well. Add to skillet with meat and mushrooms, stir until combined.
5. Spread meat and ricotta mixture over each cooked lasagna noodle. Carefully roll up tightly.
6. Pour 1 cup of spaghetti sauce into bottom of baking dish. Place all rolls seam side down in dish. Top rolls with remaining sauce and shredded mozzarella.
7. Cover and bake for 30-35 minutes.