This recipe is easy, fast, and absolutely delicious. Though vegetarian in this case, feel free to add some meat if you want. Gather all your ingredients and be ready to fall in love with couscous, goat cheese, mushrooms, and tomatoes!
Recipe and photo by Chidinma from Fruitful Kitchen.
Prep Time: 20 mins | Cook Time: 35 mins | Serves: 6
1/2 cup chopped mushrooms
1/2 cup uncooked couscous
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon garlic
1/2 cup mixed herbs: cilantro, parsley and basil
1/4 cup black olives
4 ounces goat cheese
1/2 cup bread crumbs
Salt and pepper to taste
2. It’s time to make the couscous, in a pot add 1 cup of water, and a drizzle of vegetable or chicken stock. Separately, add a drizzle of the olive oil to the couscous. Once water is steaming, put in the couscous and let it steam in the water for about 5 minutes.
3. In a separate bowl, mix the olives with the remaining olive oil and about 3/4 of the total goat cheese. Put in the mushrooms and add the mix of herbs, then transfer everything to the couscous. Stir it all together.
4. When everything is mixed, add about half of the bread crumbs, salt and pepper to your taste and mix together again. Once done, divide the mixture evenly between the 6 tomatoes.
5. Make sure the mix is stuffed completely, you can make it all even using a spatula. When they all look good, add the remaining bread crumbs and goat cheese. If you have olive oil left, drizzle some more on top.
6. Place your tomatoes on a baking sheet and put it in the oven for about 15 minutes. Check that the bread crumbs are golden and your tomatoes are soft, but make sure that they aren’t too watery.
7. Take them out and let cool for about 2 minutes. Serve warm.