It’s such an easy dish to make for summer, and it’s the perfect side dish to anything coming off the grill. It’s a super simple recipe that even the most inexperienced cook can throw together and it is so delicious!
Recipe and photo courtesy of Chrissie from The Busy Baker.
Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 20-25 minutes
1 dry pint of grape tomatoes
400 grams of Cremini mushrooms, washed, dried and halved
½ large red onion, cut into large chunks
1 tsp garlic powder
½ tsp dried basil
a pinch or two of sea salt and black pepper
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
3 tbsp olive oil
chopped cilantro or fresh parsley for garnish (optional)
2. Add the chunks of zucchini, the grape tomatoes, the halved cremini mushrooms, and the chunks of red onions to a large mixing bowl.
3. Add the garlic powder, the dried basil, the salt and pepper (to your taste), the balsamic vinegar and the olive oil to the bowl and toss everything together well until the vegetables and the mushrooms are well coated.
4. Pour everything out onto a baking sheet and arrange the vegetables and the mushrooms in a single layer.
5. Once the oven is heated to 425 degrees Fahrenheit, roast the vegetables and the mushrooms for about 20-25 minutes, or until the zucchini has softened slightly and the mushrooms have deepened in colour.
6. Garnish with some fresh chopped cilantro or parsley and serve immediately. Enjoy this dish alongside your favourite burgers, grilled meats, or all on its own!