This pâté is one of my favourite ways to eat mushrooms in the summer – I crave it all the time and its so easy to make ahead and keep in the fridge to snack on for a few days.
Recipe courtesy of Kelly from The Gouda Life.
Prep Time: 10 mins. | Cook Time: 15 mins. | Makes: 1 1/2 cups of pate
16oz white or brown button mushrooms, cleaned and coarsely chopped
1 tbsp unsalted butter
2 tbsp vegetable/canola oil
1 medium shallot, minced
1 small clove garlic, minced
1/4 cup pecans, chopped fine
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp fresh ground pepper
1 tsp fresh tarragon leaves
Zest from 1/2 lemon (about 1/2 tsp)
1/4 cup dry white wine
Juice from 1/2 lemon
2 tbsp cream cheese
1. Spoon butter and oil into a heavy skillet over medium-high heat and let it get nice and hot.
2. Once heated, add the minced shallot and garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1-2 minutes taking care not to burn garlic.
3. Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring only occasionally, until all the liquid had evaporated and your mushrooms are nice and brown, about 6-8 minutes.
4. Add pecans, salt, pepper, tarragon and the lemon zest and let cook for 1-2 minutes.
5. Add the white wine and let it cook off, scraping any stuck-on bits off the bottom of the pan.
6. Add the lemon juice and remove from heat. Take 3/4 of the mixture and place it in the bowl of your food processor or blender along with the cream cheese. Blend until smooth.
7. Pour into a ramekin or small bowl, top with the remaining 1/4 of the coarse mushroom mixture.
You can eat it as-is or refrigerate until chilled. It will keep in an airtight container for 3 days. And might I suggest a slightly chilled pinot noir or a really cold dark lager to accompany this? I think you’ll like it.
Download Printer Friendly Version